Booking in Bundle Item inventory in to the inventory management software system
A Bundle Item is uniquely identified inventory that is a combination of items from different sources or suppliers. Typically it might be a free mouse mat supplied with a new mouse, speakers with a new computer or else a classic “buy one get one free” offer.
Here are the steps needed to create bundle items stock.
- Bundle Items can be created when stock is being booked in but first a Bundle category must be created in the Products option. From the top menu bar select Settings → Options and click product. Add Bundle as a category in Stock Category.
- To create a new bundle item select the option from the booking in drop down menu. Click the New button and in the dialog box that opens enter a name to describe how your bundle might be sold, “Free mouse with your new desktop”, for example.
- Click OK. A new dialog opens where you are invited to enter a description of your new bundle item. This should describe accurately the stock items that make up the bundle. Type in your description and click OK.
- This opens a new dialogue box where you are invited to enter the selling price for this bundle item. Type in the required figure and click OK.
- Under the correct product tab select the item you want to include in the bundle. Click the double left-hand arrow to move the item into the bundle box. A dialog box opens asking how many bundle units you want to create.
- Pick the product tab for the next item in the bundle, peripherals in this case. Click on the stock line and click the double left-hand arrow. Enter the same number of units picked for the other item making up this bundle and then click save.
- Open stock from the Main Menu to confirm the item is included in the bundle stock category.