Entering returned inventory to the inventory management software system
Goods are normally returned because they are faulty or damaged or did not match the advertised specification. For inventory items that need repair by a manufacturer or require a credit note or refund this is the process to follow.
- Click returns on the Main Menu and click the New button on the screen that opens or double-click one of the Pending Returns waiting for details to be entered. This will open the Returns Record screen.
- The easiest way to identify the item being returned is to scan its barcode. Click the Scan Barcode button and in the dialog box that opens scan or type in the barcode of the returned item and click OK.
- Once identified by the barcode the following Returns Record boxes will be automatically populated
- Sales person: the original salesman
- Customer No
- Return Date
- Engineer: the system user scanning in the return
- Invoice No: Item’s sales invoice number
- When you click OK on the barcode box the inventory management software will open another box. Enter the quantity of retiurned inventory items and click OK.
- This opens the Fault Report, where the user can enter details of the fault.
- Click Save to add the Returns Record to the list of Pending Returns.