Raising a credit for returned inventory
Credits are normally raised for faulty or damaged inventory that has been returned by a customer. In these cases the credit routine can be started from the Returns Record window of the inventory management software.
- Click the Credit button on the Return Record screen of the inventory management software system.
- A box opens asking whether you want to credit delivery costs.
- Click No if you do not want to credit the delivery costs.
- Click Yes if you want to credit the delivery costs and add the net delivery cost to the dialog box that opens.
- The inventory management system then defaults to Print and the credit note can be printed and sent to the customer or printed as a PDF and emailed to the customer.