Dispatching orders with the inventory management software
To send inventory to dispatch you have to first complete the sales order:
- Open the relevant sales order and click the Despatch button in the Order Details screen. If the sales order has not been saved the inventory management software will prompt you to do so.
- The inventory management software will open a message box informing you that the inventory has been sent to dispatch.
- Click OK and close the sales order screen.
- Select Dispatch from the Main Menu toolbar.
- Select an order from the Pending list by double clicking on it. This will open the Pending screen.
- Click Printout to print out the Despatch Note. Print two copies: one for picking the item and to retain and one to include with the despatch to the customer. (Print extra copies as required for your own internal control systems.)
- Before the order can be completed, despatched and invoiced the inventory barcodes must be entered. This can be entered manually or scanned in from the inventory item with a barcode reader. Click Scan Items. This opens the Despatch Items box.
- Either scan the barcode or type it in and click the Enter key on your keyboard. The barcode will not be visible until you hit the Enter key. The inventory management software will not accept incorrect barcodes. You must enter the barcode as shown on the Despatch Pending form, including any hyphens.
- Once the barcode has been entered click Complete on the Despatch Items box.
- Entering the barcode is designed to prevent incorrect items being shipped. An Administrator can over-ride this requirement by clicking the Override button. The sales order will be automatically completed by the inventory management system.
- Items waiting for the barcode to be scanned or typed in are highlighted in red on the Pending screen. Once the barcode has been scanned or typed the Barcode box inthe inventory item line of the Pending screen will switch from red to white.
- Once the inventory items have been correctly scanned in and the entries switched from red to white, click Complete. A box will open asking for a delivery reference, typically a consignment or tracking number provided by your courier company. Click Cancel if you do not have one.
- Clicking Complete automatically raises an invoice, ready for printing or emailing in the invoices section of the Main Menu.
- If you click Complete before entering the barcodes for all the inventory on the sales order the inventory management software will give you the option to part-despatch or not.
- Click Yes to despatch part of the inventory on the sales order or click No to cancel the Complete.