The RightControl inventory management software reports engine is very comprehensive and interrogates the database directly.
- Click reports on the Main Menu.
- Click the Search Table drop down and scroll down the list to select the database table you want to interrogate, INVOICE, for example. This reveals a wide range of fields that can be included by the inventory management software in reported searches.
The reports section is useful for collecting and collating a group of data such as all sales invoices for a given period, a month or quarter or since the start of the current month for example.
- In the Search Table pick INVOICE from the drop down menu.
- In the Fields section tick all the search conditions you will use. In this instance tick the Invoice_Date box.
- select Invoice_Date from the Search Conditions drop down .
- In the operator drop down select >
- In the last Search Conditions box enter the date you want.
- Click Run. A Comma Separated Value file (CVS) listing all the invoices issued since the specified date will be created.
- Click Save to open the CSV file in the spreadsheet program you assigned as Reports Viewer during set up of the inventory management software.
You can further refine the detail shown in the report by using more search conditions.
- Select the necessary conditions from Search Table, Fields and Search Conditions.
- Click More. This creates another search conditions row. Add another set of conditions to further refine your report. You can add as many new search condition rows as required.
- As before, click Run to create a CSV file.