Raising a credit that is not for returned inventory.
Credits not associated with returns, such as an allowance or a retrospective discount, can be raised directly from the credits tab on the Main Menu of the inventory management software.
- Select credits from the Main Menu of the inventory management software.
- Click New on the main Credits screen that opens.
- The inventory management software will open the Credit Note box.
- The inventory management software will automatically generate a Credit No.
- Select an entry in the customer drop down.
- Enter the Amount of the credit.
- Enter the reason for the credit in the Description box.
- Then click Add.
- The new credit will be listed in Pending credits in the main Credits screen.
- Click on the credit in the Pending list to open the Credit Details form used to generate the Credit Note.
- The versatile inventory management software allows you to change the Tax applied at this stage by selecting from the drop down. The tax codes are created in the Settings → Options → Financials section of the inventory management software.
- Click the Recalculate button and the inventory management software will automatically update the amounts.
- Change the Currency by selecting from the drop down under the Tax drop down. The currencies used are saved in the Settings → Options → Financials section of the inventory management software.
- Click Print to raise a physical credit note that can be posted or a PDF that can be emailed to the customer.
- Finally click Complete to transfer the credit from Pending to the Completed list of credit notes.