Creating purchase orders
- Select purchases from the Main Menu and click New in the screen that opens. This will open the purchase order form ready to be completed.
- PO Number: automatically generated sequential number.
- Sales Order No: created automatically but only for purchase orders linked to direct sales created through the Direct Sales Menu in the Sales Order section.
- Supplier No: use the drop down menu to select and double click the required supplier. Remember a new supplier will have to be set up in the Supplier section before a purchase order can be created.
- Delivery Date: click the button at the right of the box to open the calendar and select the expected delivery date.
- Notes: enter any notes relating to this purchase order. You can choose to show or conceal Notes when the purchase order is printed out.
- To add the required items to the purchase order click Add New Item and complete the Purchase Order Item screen that opens.