Repairing and restocking returned inventory
The Repair and Restock button is a great time saving feature. When you use this feature the inventory management software will automatically book returned inventory that has been repaired back into the inventory database. This feature can be used for returned inventory that you Send to Supplier for repairs or for returns that have been internally repaired.
Record the Parts Used, Cost Of Parts, Length Of Time (to do the repair) and Cost Of Time. The length of Warranty provided with the repaired can also be recorded.
- Select returns from the Main Menu and click on the relevant item in the Pending Returns list to open the Returns Record.
- Double-click the inventory item line in the Returns Record. This will open the Returned Item window.
- Enter the cost of that time in the Cost of Time box.
- Enter the amount of time taken to repair the item in the Length Of Time box.
- Fill in the Warranty box.
- Enter the Parts Used.
- Enter the Cost of Parts.
- Fill in the cost of labour in the Labour box.
- Click the Repair and Restock button to mark the item as repaired and enter it back into the inventory management software inventory database.
- Click Save.
- The inventory management software automatically fills in the Status field once the form has been filled and the return restocked, despatched or sent back to supplier.
- Close the window and open again to view the status change.
- The Open Item button will open the item information in the Stock View screen for multiple barcoded and direct inventory items or Stock Item screen for single barcoded inventory.
- Click the Complete button to move the item from the Pending list of returns to Complete.
The transfer of an item from Pending to Complete cannot be undone.